2018-2019 Homeschool Days at UHM!
Looking for a way to add some spice to your social studies curriculum? Join us for Homeschool Day! All new programs are available for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Each Homeschool Day includes a guided experience in one of the museum’s galleries, hands-on activities in our classrooms, and all day admission to the museum. Programs are multidisciplinary and support South Carolina state standards for social studies.
Click here for frequently asked questions.
Fridays at 1:30 pm
- September 21– Picturing Nam
- October 19– Dinosaurs: Land of Fire and Ice
- November 16– Answering the Call: WWI
- December 14– Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown
- January 14– The History of MLK Day
- February 15– Ad Men to Mad Men
- March 15– Women Suffragettes and the 19th Amendment
- April 12– Cold War America
- May 17– Jerry Pinkney’s Imaginings
Homeschool Days are $8 per child and payment is required at registration. One adult per family is free, and additional adults are general admission. Younger siblings (under the age of 3), who are not participating, are free. Programs fill up fast, so early registration is recommended.
Students will be divided into the following age groups: Elementary Students (Grades 1-5) and Middle/High School Students (Grades 6-12), unless otherwise noted as limited in age range due to lesson content. **Parents with younger siblings are encouraged to take children to a separate gallery to play during the lesson.**
Homeschool Days fill up quickly. Purchase your tickets early. Registration will be ONLINE ONLY this year.
Please call the front desk only if you need assistance with online ticketing (864) 467-3100 or email email@example.com.