What are the operating hours?
- Special Summer Hours of Operation: June 2, 2018 through September 9, 2018
Monday-Saturday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Sunday: 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Regular Hours of Operation: September 10, 2018 through May 31, 2019
Tuesday-Saturday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Sunday: 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Special Openings
On the following Mondays, the Museum will be open 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- December 17, 2018
- January 7, 2019
- January 21, 2019, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- February 18, 2019, Presidents’ Day
- April 15, 2019, Spring Break
- April 22, 2019, Spring Break
- Holiday Closings
Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and 4th of July
How much does it cost to visit the Upcountry History Museum?
- $9 Adults
- $8 Senior adults (ages 65 and up) and college students with valid ID
- $7 Children and students age 4 to 18
- FREE Children age 3 and under
Does the Museum offer discounts or specials?
- Bank of America Museums on Us Program – Present your Bank of America® or Merrill Lynch® credit or debit card and a picture ID on the first full weekend of every month for one free general admission. Free general admission is limited to the cardholder at participating institution. Excludes fundraising events. Not to be combined with other offers.
- BLUE STAR MUSEUM – All summer (Memorial Day through Labor Day) admission for active duty military personnel and their families will be FREE! Please show your military ID card at admissions to receive this special offer. For more on Blue Star Museums, please visit the National Endowment for the Arts.
- Groups – Groups of 10 or more receive a discount of $1 per person UNLESS a docent led tour is requested. Groups must register prior to museum visit and pay as a group to receive group discount.
- Neighborhood Nights – The Upcountry History Museum welcomes all visitors. In order to make the museum accessible to all members of the community, the Museum offers Neighborhood Nights, FREE evening hours the first Thursday of the month between 5:30 and 8:30 pm. For more information click here.
Does the Museum offer Docent Led Tours?
The Upcountry History Museum has a corps of trained docents who can lead your family or group on an engaging tour of the Museum’s exhibits. Tours are available for groups of 10 or more at the rate of an additional $1 per person. The group discount rate does not apply for docent led tours. Tours must be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance. Please allow a minimum of 1 hour 15 minutes and as much as 2 hours for a docent led tour. To schedule, please contact Kristen Pace at 864.467.3100 x118 or email@example.com
How do I get to the Upcountry History Museum?
The Upcountry History Museum is located in downtown Greenville’s Heritage Green area, along with: The Children’s Museum, Greenville County Art Museum, the Greenville County Main Library and the Greenville Little Theatre.
Our address is:
540 Buncombe Street
Greenville, South Carolina 29601
If driving into Greenville from I-385:
- Stay on I-385 as it goes into downtown area and changes into East North Street then Beattie Place in front of the Bon Secours Wellness Arena.
- Continue as the street name changes to College Street; cross over Academy Street and pass the Hughes Main Library on you right.
- At the next light turn right onto Atwood Street and the Museum parking lot will be on your right. Please note, if you park in the Hughes Main Library lot we will not be able to validate your ticket.
If entering Greenville from I-185:
- Continue on I-185 as it changes into Church Street/US 29.
- Continue on Church Street into downtown, and turn left at the intersection with Beattie Place.
- Continue as the street name changes to College Street; cross over Academy Street and pass the Hughes Main Library on your right.
- At the next light, turn right onto Atwood Street and the Museum parking lot will be on your right.