Begin Your History While Surrounded by the Past…
Hold your next event at the incomparable Upcountry History Museum – Furman University, located on the beautiful Heritage Green in downtown Greenville. For available dates and to schedule a tour, contact Kimberly Adams at 864.361.8794 or email@example.com
- Wedding Ceremonies and Receptions
- Rehearsal Dinners
- Community Events
- Birthday Parties
- Company Meetings
- Bridal / Baby Showers
Make your next meeting, wedding or event stand out at the Upcountry History Museum. Offering thousands of square feet of versatile space, the Museum provides exceptional features and services:
- Our Events Coordinator will help you in finding the best vendors for your event and show how to utilize the venue space to best suit your needs
- Standard chairs and tables included in the rental price
- Convenient downtown location with a PRIVATE PARKING LOT
- Unique venue, theatrical lighting and versatile space
- Large and small rooms for both day and evening rental
- Bands, dancing, alcohol and food allowed; prep kitchen and elevator available
- Choose your own licensed vendors, guaranteeing you will have exactly what you want, within your budget.
Click below for a tour of the museum:
With its historic building facades and horseshoe staircase, the museum’s lobby presents a unique backdrop for any occasion. This space, which includes the entire first floor, is suitable for groups up to 150. There is space for a band and dance floor as well as a bar and food service.
- Capacity: 150 for a standing reception; 110 seated
- Types of Functions: Wedding receptions, cocktail receptions, holiday parties, birthday parties, company meetings.
- Amenities: Bands and dancing allowed; alcohol allowed; prep kitchen facility on site.
Full Museum (Full Museum rental is required for Saturday events and weddings)
Two full floors of the museum including the Mezzanine and three-sided balcony area overlooking the first floor. Guests can view the dance floor below from the balcony while enjoying their food and drinks.
- Capacity: 300-500 for a standing reception; 250 – 300 seated
- Types of Functions: Wedding receptions, large corporate functions, seated dinners.
- Amenities: Same as Museum Lobby.
This is a 1,400 square foot private room that is ideal for a variety of functions such as intimate meetings, luncheons, rehearsal dinners, and small cocktail receptions. By combining use of the Museum Lobby and Resource Room, you can host both a cocktail reception and seated dinner.
- Capacity: 150 standing, 60 seated at tables, 170 seated theater style
- Types of Functions: Meetings, luncheons, rehearsal dinners, showers, birthday parties.
- Amenities: Tables and chairs provided to seat 60 people for luncheons/meetings; catering allowed; private space; audio/visual hookups available.
First National Bank/Alester Furman Orientation Theater (evening rental only)
This state-of-the-art theater seats 65 people. It has PowerPoint, DVD and photo CD capabilities. Theater and lobby can be combined for business meeting and cocktail reception.
- Capacity: 65 seats, plus wheelchair space. Extra chairs can be added for additional seating.
- Type of Functions: Lectures, sales meetings, training sessions, awards ceremonies, small wedding ceremonies.
- Amenities: Food and drink allowed; Power Point, DVD, CD capable; private space; lectern with microphone; theater seating.
A 360-square-foot space with permanent boardroom table and seating for 10 – 12. It is a great location for small meetings and luncheons in a cozy room with windows looking out on Heritage Green. Capacity: 10 – 12 seated
- Types of Functions: Business meetings, luncheons, breakfast meetings.
- Amenities: Boardroom style table, chairs, private room, catering allowed.
Our basement’s “garage door” and ample free space offers a wonderful assembly area for caterers. Plus, our elevator provides direct access to the first and second floor.Our first floor prep kitchen includes an ice maker and a restaurant grade refrigerator.
Support a local cultural institution and hold your next event at the Upcountry History Museum. For available dates and to schedule a tour, contact Kimberly Adams at 864.361.8794 or firstname.lastname@example.org