Tuesday-Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day and 4th of July
$9 Senior adults (ages 65 and up) and college students with valid ID
$8 Children age 4 to 18
FREE Children age 3 and under
Bank of America Museums on Us Program – Present your Bank of America® or Merrill Lynch® credit or debit card and a picture ID on the first full weekend of every month for one free general admission. Free general admission is limited to the cardholder at participating institution. Excludes fundraising events. Not to be combined with other offers.
Greenville County Library Museum Pass Program – The Upcountry History Museum is proud to partner with the Greenville County Library to provide free access to the Museum with a Family Pass (2 adults and up to 4 children) through the Museum Pass Program at Hughes Main Library. Learn more about the Museum Pass Program here.
Groups – Groups of 10 or more receive a discount of $1 per person UNLESS a docent led tour is requested. Groups must register prior to museum visit and pay as a group to receive group discount.
Museums for All – The Upcountry History Museum offers discounted admission fees of $3.00 to individuals and families presenting a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card, and a valid form of photo ID. The Museums for All admission rate is available for up to four individuals per EBT card. This admission rate is available during all normal operating hours. Learn more about Museums for All here.
Neighborhood Nights – The Upcountry History Museum welcomes all visitors. In order to make the Museum accessible to all members of the community, the Museum offers Neighborhood Nights, FREE evening hours the first Thursday of every other month between 5:30 and 8:30 pm. For more information and to see Neighborhood Night dates click here.
Docent Led Tours
The Upcountry History Museum has a corps of trained docents who can lead your family or group on an engaging tour of the Museum’s exhibits. Tours are available for groups of 10 or more at the rate of an additional $1 per person. The group discount rate does not apply for docent led tours. Tours must be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance. Please allow a minimum of 1 hour 15 minutes and as much as 2 hours for a docent led tour. To schedule, please contact Kristen Pace at 864.467.3100 x118 or email@example.com
The Upcountry History Museum is located in downtown Greenville’s Heritage Green area, along with: The Children’s Museum, Greenville County Art Museum, the Greenville County Main Library and the Greenville Little Theatre.
Our address is:
540 Buncombe Street
Greenville, South Carolina 29601
If driving into Greenville from I-385:
- Stay on I-385 as it goes into downtown area and changes into East North Street then Beattie Place in front of the Bon Secours Wellness Arena.
- Continue as the street name changes to College Street; cross over Academy Street and pass the Hughes Main Library on you right.
- At the next light turn right onto Atwood Street and the Museum parking lot will be on your right. Please note, if you park in the Hughes Main Library lot we will not be able to validate your ticket.
If entering Greenville from I-185:
- Continue on I-185 as it changes into Church Street/US 29.
- Continue on Church Street into downtown, and turn left at the intersection with Beattie Place.
- Continue as the street name changes to College Street; cross over Academy Street and pass the Hughes Main Library on your right.
- At the next light, turn right onto Atwood Street and the Museum parking lot will be on your right.