The Upcountry History Museum is located in downtown Greenville’s Heritage Green area, along with: The Children’s Museum of the Upstate, Greenville County Art Museum, Sigal Music Museum, the Greenville County Main Library and the Greenville Little Theatre.
Our address is:
540 Buncombe Street
Greenville, South Carolina 29601
Parking for the Museum is behind the building off of Atwood St. Please note that the lot is for Upcountry History Museum visitors only. All other parking for Heritage Green is at the Hughes Main Library.
If driving into Greenville from I-385:
- Stay on I-385 as it goes into downtown area and changes into East North Street then Beattie Place in front of the Bon Secours Wellness Arena.
- Continue as the street name changes to College Street; cross over Academy Street and pass the Hughes Main Library on you right.
- At the next light turn right onto Atwood Street and the Museum parking lot will be on your right. Please note, if you park in the Hughes Main Library lot we will not be able to validate your ticket.
If entering Greenville from I-185:
- Continue on I-185 as it changes into Church Street/US 29.
- Continue on Church Street into downtown, and turn left at the intersection with Beattie Place.
- Continue as the street name changes to College Street; cross over Academy Street and pass the Hughes Main Library on your right.
- At the next light, turn right onto Atwood Street and the Museum parking lot will be on your right.