So often we ask “How can I help a Veteran in my area” or “where can I donate to Veterans”.
The Upcountry History Museum and Mrs. Heather French Henry, Miss America 2000, is launching OPERATION WAVERLY as a component of our White Christmas exhibition. The museum will be collecting supplies to benefit Fellow Countrymen, a community-based non-profit committed to ending Veteran homelessness within the Upstate of South Carolina.
When you visit the museum during the White Christmas exhibition (Nov. 14 – Jan. 31, 2021) please consider helping America’s forgotten heroes by bringing one of the items below.
Personal and hygiene items
- Soap and deodorant
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Washcloths and bath towels
- Shaving cream and disposable razors
Clothing and seasonal items
- New socks
- New underwear
- Gently used or new winter coats, gloves, hats, and scarves
- Instant hand warmers
- Toilet paper and wet wipes
- Paper towels
- Laundry detergent & softener
- New twin sheets (dark solid colors)
- Kitchen towels
- Cleaning supplies
- Dish soap
- Plastic storage containers for food (any size)
- Coffee, sugar & powdered creamer
No admission required to drop off donations.