2016-2017 Homeschool Days at UHM!
Looking for a way to add some spice to your social studies curriculum? Join us for Homeschool Day! All new programs available for the 2016-2017 academic year.
Each Homeschool Day includes a guided experience in one of the museum’s galleries, hands-on activities in our classrooms, and all day admission to the museum. Programs are multidisciplinary and support South Carolina state standards for social studies.
Fridays at 1:30 pm
- September 16 – Things Come Apart Investigate the parts and pieces that make-up the technological inventions we use every day! See how technology has changed over time, then be part of the team that designs for the future!
- October 14 – Hands-On Harley-Davidson Interested in motorcycles?Then we have the workshop for you! Learn about the history of two-wheeled moving vehicles, experiment with movement, ride a simulator and build your own vehicle with Spark!Lab.
- November 18 – Norman Rockwell’s Home for the Holidays We are all set for the holiday season with a special exhibition for the whole family. Explore the artwork of Norman Rockwell as we learn about American holidays and traditions.
- December 16 – Eyewitness to the Mexican War, 1846-1848 Examine the role Manifest Destiny played in this first war the U.S. fought mainly on foreign soil. Not only did this war lead to the expansion of the nation, but it pushed those in Washington to further consider the issue of slavery, taking the country one step closer to Civil War. This lesson is for students in grades 3 or higher. Students must be able to read and write independently.
- February 24 – Ansel Adams: Distance and Detail Additional information coming soon.
- March 24 – War in the Persian Gulf: Operations Desert Shield & Desert Storm, 1990-1991 Additional information coming soon. This lesson is for students in grades 3 or higher. Students must be able to read and write independently.
- April 21 – The Stoo Pendous World of Dr. Seuss Additional information coming soon.
Homeschools Days are $5 per child and payment is required for registration. One adult per family is free, additional adults are general admission. Younger siblings (under the age of 3), who are not participating, are free. Programs fill up fast, so early registration is recommended. As long as all minimum enrollment numbers are met, students will be divided into the following age groups: 4-6 year olds, 7-9 year olds, and 10-16 year olds, unless otherwise noted as limited in age range due to lesson content.
Homeschool Days fill up quickly! To make your Homeschool Day reservations please call (864) 467-3100. Please be ready to share the names and ages of the children you are bringing. Payment can be made by card over the phone or in person at the museum.
The Bob Jones Museum and Gallery also offers homeschool programs. To learn more about the M&G Homeschool Day programs and to make your reservations please visit