Spring 2016 Homeschool Days at UHM!
Looking for a way to add some spice to your social studies curriculum? Join us for Homeschool Day! All new programs available for Spring 2016.
Each Homeschool Day includes a guided experience in one of the museum’s galleries, hands-on activities in our classrooms, and all day admission to the museum. Programs are multidisciplinary and support South Carolina state standards for social studies.
Fridays at 1:30 pm
- *** Due to weather this homeschool day event has been canceled for January 22 and moved to January 29 ***
January 22– The Forgotten War: Investigate the causes and events surrounding the Forgotten War of the 20th Century, also know as the Korean Conflict. This program is only for students 9 years of age and older. Students must be able to read and write on their own for this program.
- February 19 – Alert Today, Alive Tomorrow: Explore life in America during the early years of the Cold War through artifacts and popular culture.
- March 18 – David Small World: Learn about past American Presidents through the artwork of illustrator David Small and the humorous book So You Want to Be President?
- April 22 – Piedmont Blues: Examine the life and times of South Carolina’s Piedmont Blues musicians, and learn the national and international impact they had on music as we know it today.
- May 20 – Sign of the Times: Prepare for the upcoming presidential election with a homeschool day all about running for political office in America. Study political campaign posters from 200 years of American history and learn how American’s elect their governments.
Homeschools Days are $5 per child and payment is required for registration. One adult per family is free, additional adults are general admission. Younger siblings (under the age of 3), who are not participating, are free. Programs fill up fast, so early registration is recommended. As long as all minimum enrollment numbers are met, students will be divided into the following age groups: 4-6 year olds, 7-9 year olds, and 10-16 year olds.
Homeschool Days fill up quickly! To make your Homeschool Day reservations please call (864) 467-3100. Please be ready to share the names and ages of the children you are bringing. Payment can be made by card over the phone or in person at the museum.
The Bob Jones Museum and Gallery at Heritage Green also offers homeschool programs. To learn more about the M&G Homeschool Day programs and to make your reservations please visit