Where the past greets your future . . .
Hold your next event at the incomparable Upcountry History Museum – Furman University, located on the beautiful Heritage Green in downtown Greenville. For available dates and to schedule a tour, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our space is available to be rented for such events as…
- Wedding Ceremonies and Receptions
- Rehearsal Dinners
- Community Events
- Birthday Parties
- Company Meetings
- Bridal/Baby Showers
Make your next meeting, wedding or event stand out at the Upcountry History Museum. Offering thousands of square feet of versatile space, the Museum provides exceptional features and services:
- Our Event Coordinator will help you in finding the best vendors for your event and show you how to utilize the venue space to best suit your needs.
- Standard chairs and tables included in the rental price (quantity varies).
- Convenient downtown location with a PRIVATE PARKING LOT.
- Unique venue, theatrical lighting and versatile space.
- Bands, dancing and outside catering and bar service allowed; prep kitchen and elevator available.
- Choose your vendors from our extensive list, ensuring that your event will be executed without a glitch.
- Our basement’s “garage door” and ample free space offers a wonderful assembly area for caterers.
- Plus, our elevator provides direct access to the first and second floors.
- Our first floor prep kitchen includes and ice maker and a restaurant-grade refrigerator.
Click below for a tour of the museum:
Rental Spaces (equipment fee includes tables and chairs for up to 175 guests)
Museum Lobby/First Floor $1,750 + $150 Equipment Fee (Bridal Portraits $250, 4pm – 5pm by appointment)
With it’s historic building facades and horseshoe staircase, the Museum’s lobby presents a unique backdrop for any occasion. This space, which includes the entire first floor, is suitable for groups up to 150. There is space for a band and dance floor as well as bar and food service.
- Types of Functions: Wedding receptions, cocktail receptions, holiday parties, birthday parties, company meetings, reunions, prom, homecoming dances.
- Amenities: Band and dancing allowed; alcohol allowed; prep area, ice machine, and refrigerator on site.
Full Museum (Required for Saturday events and all weddings) $1850 + $150 Equipment Fee
Two full floors of the Museum including the Mezzanine and the three-sided balcony overlooking the first floor. Guests can view the dance floor below from the balcony while enjoying their food and drinks.
- Types of Functions: Wedding receptions, large corporate functions, seated dinners.
- Amenities: Same as Museum Lobby/First Floor.
F.W. Symmes Resource Room $750 + $150 Equipment Fee
This is a 1,400-square-foot private room that is ideal for a variety of functions such as intimate meetings, luncheons, rehearsal dinners and small cocktail receptions. By combining use of the Museum Lobby and Resource Room, you can host both a cocktail reception and seated dinner.
- Types of Functions: Meetings, luncheons, rehearsal dinners, showers, birthday parties.
- Amenities: Tables and chairs provided to seat 60 people for luncheons/meetings; catering allowed; private space; audio/visual hookups available.
First National Bank/Alester Furman Orientation Theater (evening rental only) $400 + $ 150 Equipment Fee
This state-of-the-art theater seats 65 people. It has PowerPoint, DVD and photo CD capabilities. Theater and lobby can be combined for business meeting and cocktail reception.
- Types of Functions: Lectures, sales meetings, training sessions, awards ceremonies, small wedding ceremonies.
- Amenities: Food and drink allowed; PowerPoint, DVD, CD capable; private space; lectern with microphone; theater seating.
- Available for rent in the evenings only
Conference Room $250
A 360-square-foot space with permanent boardroom table seating for 10-12. It is a great location for small meetings and luncheons in a cozy room with windows looking out on Heritage Green.
- Types of Functions: Business meetings, luncheons, breakfast meetings.
- Amenities: Boardroom-style table; chairs; private room; catering allowed.
Pepsi Lounge $250
The perfect location for smaller groups of up to 20.
- Types of Functions: Business meetings, luncheons, breakfast meetings, green room, children’s room during weddings
- Amenities: Tables, chairs, television, food and beverage allowed