What’s the next best thing to a Museum field trip? Bringing the Museum to your school!
The Upcountry History Museum offers a Traveling Trunk program for students and teachers! We offer two themed trunks:
- Civil War
- World War II
Intended as a supplemental educational resource and as an outreach program for schools unable to visit the Museum, the Traveling Trunks are a unique opportunity for teachers in all 15 Upcountry counties. Teachers can use the trunks to enhance units of study and engage students in object-based learning. Reserve your Traveling Trunk today!
Traveling Trunk FAQs:
How do I reserve the Traveling Trunk?
- Complete the Traveling Trunk Request Form 2018-2019
- Send form to the Director of Education at Elizabeth@upcountryhistory.org.
What is the cost to bring the Traveling Trunk to my school?
- $25 per trunk for one week plus shipping and handling.
- Trunks can be picked up and dropped off at the Museum to avoid shipping fees.
- For those trunks shipping outside the Upcountry of South Carolina, an additional week’s rental is required to cover the time the trunk is in transit.
How long can I have the Traveling Trunk at my school?
- The Traveling Trunk can be reserved for two weeks at a time.
How do I pick up and return the Traveling Trunk?
- You may either pick up and return the Trunk in person at the Museum, or have it shipped via UPS.
- The cost of shipping will be the responsibility of the school.
What SC state standards does the Traveling Trunk meet?
- All Traveling Trunks meet South Carolina Social Studies and Language Arts Standards.
What is included in the Traveling Trunk?
- See the “What’s in the Trunk” page of the Teacher’s Guide (below) for details.
Can I read the Teacher’s Guide before I bring the Traveling Trunk to my school?
- Yes! An edited version of the Teacher’s Guide is available for download here:
- WWII Traveling Trunk Teacher’s Guide
- Civil War Traveling Trunk Teacher’s Guide