Tuesday- Saturday: 10:00am to 5:00pm
Sunday: 1:00pm to 5:00pm
Monday, April 10th: 10:00am to 5:00pm
Monday, April 17th: 10:00am to 5:00pm
Monday, December 18th: 10:00am to 5:00pm
Monday, January 8th, 2017: 10:00am to 5:00pm
Monday, January 15th, 2017: 10:00am to 5:00pm
Special Summer Hours:
June 5th thru August 28th: open every Monday from 10:00am to 5:00pm with the exception of July 4th.
Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day and 4th of July
$7 Senior adults (ages 65 and up) and college students with valid ID
$6 Children and students age 4 to 18
FREE Children age 3 and under
Museums for All – The Upcountry History Museum is a proud participant in the Museums for All initiative from the Institute of Museum and Library Services. Through this initiative the Museum offers a special admission rate of $3 per person for any individual presenting an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card and valid form of photo ID. The Museum offers this special rate for up to four people per EBT card holder.
BLUE STAR MUSEUM – All summer (Armed Forces Day – May 20 through Labor Day) admission for active duty military personnel and their families will be FREE! Please show your military ID card at admissions to receive this special offer. For more on Blue Star Museums please visit the National Endowment for the Arts
Neighborhood Nights – The Upcountry History Museum welcomes all visitors. In order to make the museum accessible to all members of the community, the Museum offers Neighborhood Nights. FREE evening hours the first Thursday of the month between 5:30 and 8:30 pm. For more information click here.
Groups – Groups of 10 or more receive a discount of $1 per person UNLESS a docent led tour is requested. Groups must register prior to museum visit and pay as a group to receive group discount.
Docent Led Tours
The Upcountry History Museum has a corps of trained docents who can lead your family or group on an engaging tour of the Museum’s exhibits. Tours are available for groups of 10 or more at the rate of an additional $1 per person. The group discount rate does not apply for docent led tours. A non-refundable deposit is required to confirm your reservation. Tours must be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance. Please allow a minimum of 1 hour 15 minutes and as much as 2 hours for a docent led tour. To schedule, please contact Kristen Pace at 864.467.3100 x118 or Kristen@upcountryhistory.org.
The Upcountry History Museum is located in downtown Greenville’s Heritage Green area, along with: The Children’s Museum, Greenville County Art Museum, the Greenville County Main Library and the Greenville Little Theatre.
Our address is:
540 Buncombe Street
Greenville, South Carolina 29601
If driving into Greenville from I-385:
- Stay on I-385 as it goes into downtown area and changes into East North Street then Beattie Place in front of the Bon Secours Wellness Arena.
- Continue as the street name changes to College Street; cross over Academy Street and pass the Hughes Main Library on you right.
- At the next light turn right onto Atwood Street and the Museum parking lot will be on your right. Please note, if you park in the Hughes Main Library lot we will not be able to validate your ticket.
If entering Greenville from I-185:
- Continue on I-185 as it changes into Church Street/US 29.
- Continue on Church Street into downtown, and turn left at the intersection with Beattie Place.
- Continue as the street name changes to College Street; cross over Academy Street and pass the Hughes Main Library on your right.
- At the next light, turn right onto Atwood Street and the Museum parking lot will be on your right.